Alyssa

Alyssa
I'm a crazy 23-year-old, graduating with a major in Sociology and minor in Marriage and Family Studies from Brigham Young University--Idaho in April 2014. I was born and raised in the Bay Area, California and am the second to youngest of seven children. I am obsessed with Cheerios and bananas. An apple and Austin a day makes me a happier person.

Austin

Austin
He's a studly 24-year-old. He works full-time as Lead Tech at Service Master in San Jose, California. He loves sports, has played rugby, and some of his favorite teams are the Atlanta Braves and the Dallas Cowboys. He loves camping and hunting. He also knows how to make a mean bacon covered turkey. He is from St. George, Utah, and the oldest of five chidren. And look how cute he is!

Thursday, January 9, 2014

a long story of how we started dating!

Boom! A blog!
So I decided to be like other married people... though Austin and I aren't exactly "married people" yet. But in five months, we will be. And I have a feeling that it'll come up pretty quickly and be here before we know it. It's crazy to think we've only been with each other for four months because it feels like we've known each other a lot longer... in a GOOD way though, of course. At least it's been that way for me ;) This blog is just going to be a bunch of ramblings, if I keep it up.
So I decided to start by telling you the story of us... so here's our start!
We met in August 2013.
I was on my 7 week break from BYU-Idaho. I had every intention of spending that month-and-a-half being a bum... staying in my pajamas all day, saving money by not doing my hair or make-up... and I was doing pretty well! Then I got talked into going to a church dance- a Mormon rave to be exact. I hesitantly went, not thinking much about it. A group of us all met up at the McDonald's in Fremont.
But right away, as soon as I saw him, I was instantly intrigued. Who the heck was this tall boy with tattoos? And I of course thought he was pretty cute. But I'd heard he liked another girl, and saw who she was, and knew I didn't stand a chance. Still, I secretly hoped he'd take notice of me. So, I did what any smart girl would do: I made fun of his baseball team to get him to talk to me!
The Mormon rave was pathetic. As to be suspected. Still, I got to talk to this cute, tall boy every once in a while. But it seemed like someone was always pulling me away. Then some seriously crazy girl started fighting some other girl in the parking lot. No one did anything except for Austin. He went over, pulled the crazy off the other girl and started moving them around like they were dolls. I must confess, I thought that was pretty hot! I mean, come on! How tough, masculine, protective, and heroic! Right? Or is it just me? Our group all hung out after the dance. I learned to really like and care about all of them pretty easily. And there was something about that Austin...
I didn't think I'd see any of those people again. I would only be home for another month before I'd head back up to school... so really, if I did see any of those people again, it wouldn't be until after I'd graduate. WRONG.
I was talked into going to the YSA ward. Austin was there. Supposedly he'd try and make conversation with me, but I thought I was the one doing the work. I even intentionally went to the class I knew he'd be in... I may have even made sure we'd sit next to each other. I'm so sneaky, what can I say?
But I thought I was failing miserably, and remembered he liked that other pretty girl and remembered I'd accepted my loss. But after church there was this thing called a "linger longer." He sat next to me after I awkwardly sat on the opposite end of the table because I don't know anyone. We talked, made fun of each other a little bit, he gave me a few high fives, I made a bet with him to make him pizza (and I lost), and I sneakily got him to play games with me... which involved slap hands, where we touched each other's hands. Like I said, I'm sneaky!! ;) I secretly wanted him to ask me for my number like some other guys did, but he didn't! Then I remembered, "Oh yeah, he likes the other girl." BUT, I came home to a message from him on Facebook... so I replied.
We started texting. He asked me on a date... and I had one free day.
Want to know a secret? I secretly wanted to keep my Thursday free for him.
We were supposed to go on a group date, but he got tickets to a Giants game!!! So even if the date would be awful, you can't go wrong with watching the Giants play! It was a win/win for me.
The date was so good... even if we got lost, were late to the game, and he's a jinx and made the Giants lose. We talked. So. Much. I knew that night there was something different about him. And I liked it. We were both so open to each other in our conversations. We were both so honest. I liked him a lot. I remember thinking he was an honorable man... that was new to me. I remember him touching his face and saying, "My face hurts... I haven't smiled this much in a long time." We talked until 2 a.m. (and if you know Austin, you know that's a BIG deal!) But that night when he walked me back to my door, we had SUCH an awkward hug that I was sure that was the last time he'd want to hang out with me. Now, thinking back to that night, it still makes me smile:)
The next night was a ward camp out. He called me a little beforehand and told me he'd be late, and to let the Bishop know. I was thinking, "What the? Why is he telling me?" So I'm at the camp out in the Bishop's backyard, and it was so weird! I was getting ready to think I would just leave early because it was so awkward and I was feeling pretty uncomfortable because of various situations. And then, as soon as Austin got there, it literally felt like a breath of fresh air. I could feel my shoulders relax and I just felt comfortable to be myself.
(Since that day, I've noticed he just has that effect on me. I'm most comfortable when I'm with him... he's like the sweatpants of my life).
I lured him into star gazing with me. When we were lying on the ground, our elbows were touching!! I didn't think he'd notice, but I definitely did. Then he goes, "Oooh, look at that. Our elbows are touching! That leads to hand holding!" I panic and scoot away, he promises I'm OK and that his hands are in his pockets so I have nothing to worry about. I get closer again, and next think I know, our pinkies are touching! Oh, I'm so risky ;) Then of course, Austin points it out by saying, "This is the most awkward pinky holding ever." So I grab his hand, then awkwardly throw it away and tell him he's supposed to take MY hand. So he does.
The next day we go on another date. We go see a scary movie... only to leave early. I don't watch R-Rated movies and apparently it looked like I was going to have a heart attack. We go back to his house, watch "Harry Potter." WINNING. As the night goes on, I swear there were times he looked like he would kiss me!? But apparently I looked like I was going to kiss him too... so naturally, Austin being Austin, points that out. Embarrassed, I retreated and got nervous. A little while later, I mustered up the courage and kissed him on the cheek. (PS, we had our first kiss that night later when I got another boost of courage).
Sunday night came, he came over and met my family for dinner. Asking him to come over was so nerve racking! Because I already wanted to ask him over to introduce him to my parents, because he was already special to me even though I had no idea I'd really start liking him already. And then to ask him over after we kissed, I thought it would definitely scare him away. But he's a champ and came over anyway. He got along with my family SO easily. It was so nice. And once again I caught myself thinking about how much I liked him already.
That night we were talking, and I guess some people were asking him about how serious we were. I asked him what he thought about that. He answered that he'd like it to be more, but that it was up to me because he said I had a lot going for me. I panic and was like, "We'll talk about it tomorrow. Goodnight!" I'm a coward.
But that night I thought a lot about it, and prayed about it. I didn't know what was going to happen, and I was about to head back to Idaho in a month. And I knew I never wanted to hurt him. SO of course, I prayed and asked for guidance. The answer scared me, but it was clear the choice was mine, and I knew I'd make the choice soon.
Real soon. Next night, FHE. After FHE he wastes no time, offers to take me home. He opens the car door for me, and as soon as we start driving, he asks me about us. He didn't want to be selfish and ask me to not date other people, but that he liked me and wanted to see where this could go. We talked and discussed more things, and I realized how we were on the completely same page. He asked me to be his girlfriend, and there wasn't any prior fear anymore. I said "Yes."
&that choice I made that night turned out to be the first best choice I'd ever make.
& hopefully i keep making his face hurt from smiling for a LONG time:)
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. You two are sooooooooo adorable! Can't wait tog blog stalk you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwweeeee so cute
    love it fell in love with it.
    its crazy to think I am going to be sealed on feb 15th 2014 and then another wedding in july .. its nuts ..
    Im so excited for you 2 !
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sneaky Danielsons and your hand games...Jake was "bored" at devotional and had to trace my hand. And of course, once the awkward pinky touch happens, you have to hold hands.

    ReplyDelete